Engine Rear-mounted 8V 1700cc Alfa Romeo Boxer with twin Dellorto Carbs, mated to VW gearbox, driving rear wheels.
Body: Ferrari Dino 246 Look-a-bit-like in British Racing Green. A (ahem) 'unique' combination.
Rear Tyres: 295/40 R15
Front Tyres: 275/40 R15
Top Speed: In excess of 130 mph
Brakes: Disks at front, drums at rear;
Suspension: Torsion bars at front replaced with coils;
manufacture cobbling together - 1992
- Larger diameter anti-roll bar at rear
- Lowered by 30mm.
- Austin Maestro Radiator at front, connected to engine by 22mm copper pipe.
- Two lorry cooling fans sucking air over radiator and out of bonnet louvres.
- Audi Quattro (windscreen wiper motor);
- Citroen Visa (Wiper arm);
- Fiat X19 (fuel filler system);
- Austin Allegro door handles.
- At the flick of a switch, four supplementary lamps (2 x 200W driving lamps, 2 x 50 fog lamps) appeared from under front spoiler lip, using Fiat Uno wiper motor and various bits of lawnmower bearings.
- Drains from bonnet louvres fed to wash/wipe bottle.
- Chassis number: HWN161270 - my initials and birthdate;
Total weight: approx 600Kg.
In many, many ways it was pretty horrific, but it was kept me busy and helped me learn a few new skills.